IntelliTouch Plus Surface Acoustic Wave Multi-touch Touch Technology
The Touch Solutions IntelliTouch Plus touch technology meets all the Additional Qualification (AQ) testing requirements established by Microsoft Corp. for Windows 7 multi-touch interactivity. The IntelliTouch Plus touch technology is based upon proven surface acoustic wave technology with over 20 years of reliable performance and millions of installations around the world. It accurately records two simultaneous touch locations anywhere on the screen with three axes of touch information.
Customers can trust they have the same reliable performance for their touchmonitors that they have come to expect with the standard IntelliTouch touch technology. IntelliTouch Plus multi-touch technology is currently available for consumer touch monitors and all-in-one touch computers as screen components in sizes ranging from 17-inch through 32-inch and will be commercially available as a 22-inch open-frame touchmonitor in late 2010. This will enable OEMs and design engineers the ability to incorporate a multi-touch technology that is both reliable and compatible with Windows 7 to heighten the user experience.
- Reliable surface acoustic wave (SAW) touch technology with millions of installations worldwide
- Fast, accurate dual-touch response recording two simultaneous touch locations anywhere on the screen
- Sensitive touch response—recognizes location and amount of pressure applied
- Overcomes drawbacks of other multi-touch technologies such as ambient light variances (such as camera-based optical)
- Pure-glass touchscreens for excellent image clarity, resolution, and light transmission
- Durable, scratch-resistant glass surface—continues to work if scratched
- Stable "drift-free" operation—for touch response that's always accurate
- Finger, gloved hand, and soft stylus activation
Glass panel with transducers attached to the front surface of the glass.
Cable typically exits from the right side and mounts directly to the IntelliTouch Plus controller.
Less than ± 2.5mm and typically much better when touchscreen and controller are calibrated to a display image.
6.19 points per mm typical.
Minimum Separation Between Touches
Touch Activation Force
2 to 3 ounces (55 to 85 grams) typical.
Expected Life Performance
No known wear-out mechanism, as there are no layers, coatings, or moving parts. IntelliTouch Plus technology has been operationally tested to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure, using a stylus similar to a finger.
Unit can be sealed to protect against splashed liquids, dirt, and dust.
Surface durability is that of glass, Mohs' hardness rating of 6.5.
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 71°C
- Operating relative humidity: 90% RH at 40°C, noncondensing
- Operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3,048 meters)
- Storage/transport altitude: 50,000 feet (15,240 meters)
- Chemical resistance: The active area of the touchscreen is resistant to all chemicals that do not affect glass, such as:
- Methyl ethyl ketone
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Methyl alcohol
- Ethyl acetate
- Ammonia-based glass cleaners
- Meets Level 4 (15 kV air/8 kV contact discharges) per EN 61 000-4-2, 1995
All measurements made using USAF 1951 Resolution Chart, under 30X magnification, with test unit located approximately 1.5 in (38 mm) from surface of resolution chart.
- Clear surface: N/A
- Antiglare surface (curved or flat): 95 ± 15 gloss units or 65 ± 15 gloss units per ASTM D2457 using a 60-degree gloss meter
- Refer to touchscreen drawing for specifications.
|UL Safety Certifications
IntelliTouch Plus touchscreens are UL and cUL Recognized Components and TÜV Rheinland.
Meets the requirements of UL 94HB.
Touchscreens, controllers, and cables have been approved for CE marking. Where appropriate, Touchmonitors are marked CE compliant, and are typically CISPR22 Class B.
Touchscreens, controllers, and cables have been approved to FCC Class A compliance. Touchmonitors typically are FCC Class B verified.
Agency Approval Certificates
- Agency approval certificates
- RoHS Certificate of Compliance (all SecureTouch touchscreens; all IntelliTouch touchscreens except for super flat profile)
- RoHS Certificate of Compliance (IntelliTouch super flat profile touchscreens)
Fax : 510-226-8968 Email :
| Buy Online | About
Us | Contact Us
| Site Map
Product images may be
generic and may not reflect actual item purchased. Synergy Global Inc
is not responsible for any typographical errors. Specifications subject to
change without notice. Legal.